*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - Understand Tasmania & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Tasmania Today, History, Gourmet Tasmania, Wilderness & Wild-life, Environmental Politics in Tasmania, Directory A-Z and Transport chapters from Lonely Plan-et’s Tasmania guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, environmental politics, and foodie culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on Tasmania’s chequered history
- info on environmental politics and protection
- full coverage of Tasmania’s burgeoning gourmet food and wine industry
- details on the island’s wildlife and where to find it
Coverage includes: Tasmania Today, History, Gourmet Tasmania, Wil-derness & Wildlife, Environmental Politics in Tasmania, Directory A-Z and Transport.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.