*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - The Southeast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
Still harbours and misty valleys - Tasmania’s southeast has much to offer. The heartland of the Apple Isle, this fertile area now also produces cherries, apricots, Atlantic salmon, wines, mushrooms and cheeses. Courtesy of its southern latitudes and myriad waterways, the southeast is also known for its rainbows.
- drop out of mobile-phone reception on Bruny Island for a couple of days
- spelunk into the subterranean gloom at Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs
- pick up a bag of the Huon Valley’s finest at a roadside apple stall around Cygnet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Margate, Kettering, Bruny Island, Woodbridge & around, Cygnet, Huonville & around, Geeveston, Arve Road & around, Hartz Mountains National Park, Dover, Southport, Lune River and Cockle Creek.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.