*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Tasmania - The East Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the East Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
Tasmania’s east coast is sea-salted and rejuvenating - quiet bays punctuated by granite headlands splashed with flaming orange lichen. This is prime holiday terrain, with plenty of opportunities to hike, bike, kayak, surf, dive and fish - set up your beachside camp and get into it.
- sweat it out on the track to Wineglass Bay…then cool off in the sea once you get there
- bump into wombats and wallabies at Maria Island National Park
- reel in a deep-sea monster - or at least catch your dinner - at St Helens
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Orford, Triabunna, Maria Island National Park, Swansea, Coles Bay & Freycinet National Park, Bicheno, Douglas-Apsley National Park, St Marys, Scamander & Beaumaris, St Helens, Bay of Fires, Mt William National Park, Weldborough & the Blue Tier, Derby & around, Scottsdale & around, Bridport and Flinders Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.