*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - Tasman Peninsula & Port Arthur (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tasman Peninsula & Port Arthur chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
The staggering coastal landscapes, sandy beaches and historic sites of the Tasman Peninsu-la lie just a short distance from Hobart. Bushwalking, surfing, sea-kayaking, scuba-diving and rock-climbing opportunities abound - all goods reasons for an extended visit.
- pay your respects to the past, both distant and recent, at the Port Arthur Historic Site
- sea kayak around the wild, broken coastline of Cape Hauy
- pick raspberries, apricots and silvanberries at the Sorell Fruit Farm
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sorell, Dunalley, Eaglehawk Neck, Taranna, Koonya, Nubeena & White Beach, Fortescue Bay & Tasman National Park and Port Arthur.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.