Tasmania Road Trips - East Coast Tasmania Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the East Coast Tasmania Road Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania Road Trips guidebook.
Tasmania’s east coast is the undisputed jewel in the island’s crown, a beguiling combination of pretty seaside settlements, magnificent coastline and some of the best wildlife watching.
- watch wildlife on Maria Island
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- see Bicheno’s photogenic, dramatic landforms
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- hike through picturesque Freycinet National Park
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: St Helens, Scamander, St Marys, Bicheno, Coles Bay, Swansea, Tribunna, Maria Island, Freycinet National Park and Beaumaris.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.