*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - Midlands & Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Midlands & Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
Hawthorn hedgerows, rows of poplars, roadside mansions…Tasmania’s Midlands have a dis-tinct English-countryside feel, while the Central Highlands feature subalpine moorlands and trout-filled lakes. On the highlands’ southern fringe is the Derwent Valley, studded with vineyards, hop fields and orchards.
- arc a fly across a highland stream and snare a trout in the Central Highlands
- ascend the steps inside Oatlands’ heritage Callington Mill
- look for the carving of Jorgen Jorgenson, former king of Iceland, on the Ross Bridge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Midlands, Oatlands, Ross, Campbell Town, Central Highlands, Bothwell, Lake Country, Derwent Valley and Hamilton.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.