*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - Midlands & Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Midlands & Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
Hawthorn hedgerows, rows of poplars, roadside mansions…Tasmania’s Midlands have a dis-tinct English-countryside feel, while the Central Highlands feature subalpine moorlands and trout-filled lakes. On the highlands’ southern fringe is the Derwent Valley, studded with vineyards, hop fields and orchards.
- arc a fly across a highland stream and snare a trout in the Central Highlands
- ascend the steps inside Oatlands’ heritage Callington Mill
- look for the carving of Jorgen Jorgenson, former king of Iceland, on the Ross Bridge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Midlands, Oatlands, Ross, Campbell Town, Central Highlands, Bothwell, Lake Country, Derwent Valley and Hamilton.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.