Tasmania - Launceston & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Launceston & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guide-book.
Launceston effortlessly melds the historic with the contemporary, bolstered by bright arts and food scenes. Just outside the city, the beautiful Tamar Valley unfolds - a broad estuary channel-ling the sea breeze. Where the Tamar River meets the sea you’ll find penguins, lighthouses and Tasmania’s earliest European settlement.
- walk, swim, eat or just chill out at Launceston’s Cataract Gorge
- check out Launceston from the water with Tamar River Cruises
- wobble between cellar doors in the Pipers River Wine Region
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Launceston, Tamar Valley, Legana & Rosevears, Ex-eter, Batman Bridge & around, Beauty Point, George Town, Low Head, Lilydale & around, Had-spen & Carrick, Westbury & around, Liffey Valley, Longford, Evandale and Ben Lomond National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.