Tasmania - Launceston & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Launceston & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guide-book.
It’s hard to imagine a pocket-sized city more appealing than Launceston. The city effortlessly melds the historic with the contemporary, bolstered by vibrant arts and food scenes. Cloaked in bushland, the amazing Cataract Gorge brings the wilds into the heart of town.
- sip sparkling wine at ridiculously picturesque vineyards on the Tamar Valley Wine Route
- walk, swim, climb or cycle at Cataract Gorge, Launceston’s outdoor playground
- explore amazing World Heritage–listed Woolmers Estate, along with nearby Bricken-don
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Launceston, Tamar Valley, Legana & Rosevears, Ex-eter, Batman Bridge & around, Beauty Point, George Town, Low Head, Lilydale & around, Had-spen & Carrick, Westbury & around, Liffey Valley, Longford, Evandale and Ben Lomond National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.