*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - Hobart & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hobart & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guide-book.
Hobart is Australia’s second-oldest city and its newest darling. Lying in the foothills of Mt Wel-lington, above the slate-grey Derwent River, the town’s charming colonial architecture is comple-mented by a rich array of festivals, happening markets and top-notch food and drink.
- be inspired, turned on, appalled, educated and amused at the Museum of Old & New Art (MONA)
- lose yourself in the crowds at Hobart’s Saturday morning Salamanca Market
- while away an afternoon exploring historic Battery Point
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hobart, Channel Highway, Seven Mile Beach, Rich-mond & around, New Norfolk & around and Mt Field National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.