Tasmania - Hobart & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hobart & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guide-book.
Australia’s second-oldest city and southernmost capital, Hobart dapples the foothills of Mt Wellington, angling down to the slate-grey Derwent River. The town’s rich cache of colonial ar-chitecture and natural charms are complemented by innovative festivals, eclectic markets and world-class food and drink experiences.
- be inspired, turned on, appalled, educated and amused at Mona
- lose yourself in the Saturday morning crowds at Salamanca Market
- while away an afternoon exploring historic Battery Point
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hobart, History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Hobart.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.