*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tasmania - Devonport & The Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Devonport & the Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
Tasmania’s northwest is the island in a nutshell - wild in places, quietly sophisticated every-where else. Best of all, the sense of exploring one of the world's last unspoiled corners will linger long after you leave.
- walk a heritage trail then climb the Nut for fabulous views in Stanley
- search for platypuses in the Mersey River south of Latrobe
- go beyond the paved road, deep into the Tarkine rainforest at Corinna
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Devonport, Latrobe, Deloraine, Mole Creek, Mole Creek Karst National Park, Walls of Jerusalem National Park, Gowrie Park, Lake Barrington, Sheffield, Ulverstone, Penguin, Burnie, Wynyard & around, Boat Harbour Beach, Rocky Cape National Park, Stanley, Smithton & around, Marrawah, Arthur River, Tarkine Wilderness, Western Explorer & Arthur Pieman Conservation Area, Corinna & the Pieman River, Waratah and King Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.