Tasmania - Devonport & the Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Devonport & the Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tasmania guidebook.
Tasmania’s northwest is the island in a nutshell - wild in places, quietly sophisticated every-where else. Best of all, the sense of exploring one of the world's last unspoiled corners will linger long after you leave.
- scale the curious ex-volcanic Nut behind historic Stanley
- laze on one of Tasmania’s prettiest stretches of sand, Boat Harbour Beach
- sample the cafe culture in the laid-back northwest seaside town of Penguin
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Devonport, Latrobe, Deloraine, Mole Creek, Gowrie Park, Lake Barrington & Around, Sheffield, Ulverstone, Penguin, Burnie, Wynyard & Around, Boat Harbour Beach & Around, Stanley, Smithton & Around, Marrawah, Arthur River, Ta-kayna/Tarkine Wilderness, Corinna & the Pieman River, King Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.