*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tanzania - Western Tanzania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Tanzania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tanzania guidebook.
Western Tanzania is rough, remote frontier land, with vast trackless expanses and few visitors. Gombe Stream and Mahale Mountains National Parks are two of the world’s best places for chimpanzee encounters, while Katavi National Park offer an almost primeval safari experience.
- visit Mahale Mountains National Park, the ultimate ‘get-away-from-it-all’ destination
- mingle with the chimps at Gombe Stream National Park
- sail down Lake Tanganyika aboard the MV Liemba
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tabora, Kigoma, Ujiji, Gombe Stream National Park, Mahale Mountains National Park, Kalema, Kipili, Kasanga, Mpanda, Katavi National Park, and Sumbawanga.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.