*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Tanzania - Southern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tanzania guidebook.
The Highlands are wonderfully scenic and a delight to explore, with rolling hills, lively markets, and plenty of wildlife. Hike in the Udzungwa Mountains, watch wildlife in Mikumi or Ruaha National Parks, or head well off the beaten track to Tanzania’s southwesternmost corner.
- spot elephants amid the baobabs in wild and rugged Ruaha National Park
- track snorting wildebeest, grazing buffaloes and skittish impalas in lovely and easy-to-access Mikumi National Park
- relax on the tranquil shores of Lake Nyasa, with its verdant mountains cascading down to quiet coves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Morogoro, Mikumi National Park, Mikumi, Udzungwa Mountains National Park, Iringa, Isimila Stone Age Site, Kalenga, Ruaha National Park, Makambako, Njombe, Kitulo National Park, Mbeya & around, Tukuyu, Lake Nyasa, Songea, and Tunduru.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 3 for 2 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.