Tanzania - Lake Victoria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Victoria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tanzania guidebook.
Musoma and Bukoba have a quiet waterside charm while Mwanza is the perfect launching pad for a Serengeti–Lake Natron–Ngorongoro loop. Add the forest of idyllic Rubondo Island National Park and you will have a well-rounded safari experience.
- watch birds and hippos on the lake shore, and searching for elusive chimpanzees in the forests of Rubondo Island National Park
- soak up the sights, sounds and smells as you stroll Temple St and Makoroboi in central Mwanza
- ponder the strange forces of nature that balanced the boulders at Jiwe Kuu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Musoma, Mwanza & around, Rubondo Island National Park, Biharamulo, and Bukoba.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.