Tanzania - Dar es Salaam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dar es Salaam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tanzania guidebook.
Over the last century, Dar es Salaam has transformed from a sleepy fishing village into a thriving metropolis. With bustling markets, restaurants and sandy beaches, travellers who stick around will be rewarded by the city’s eclectic cultural mix and down-to-earth vibe.
- meet woodcarvers, entrepreneurs and performers and find out what makes the city tick on a cultural tour
- discover Dar’s diverse palate savouring dhoklas, barbecued meat, spiced tea and coconut-crusted fish
- head out to Mbudya and Bongoyo for snorkelling and picnics on pristine offshore islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Northern Beaches, Offshore Islands, and Southern Beaches.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.