Taiwan - Yushan National Park & Western Taiwan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yushan National Park & Western Taiwan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
The Matsu Pilgrimage, one of the country’s biggest and holiest celebrations, is definitely a highlight. This nine-day parade across half of Taiwan is an extravaganza of feasting, prostrating, praying and great acts of generosity.
- enjoy Taichung’s excellent museums, stroll in lovely parks and party at hidden dives
- seek the spiritual at the legendary Matsu Pilgrimage procession, which starts in Dajia
- explore Chiayi’s historic temples and the traditional shops in their vicinity, don’t forget to sample the local treats
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yushan National Park, Dongpu, Taichung, Dasyueshan Forest Recreation Area, Alishan National Scenic Area, Alishan Forest Recreation Area, Fenqihu, Rueili, Chiayi, Changhua, Lukang, Nantou County, Checheng, Cingjing, Hehuanshan Forest Recreation Area, Jiji, Ershui, Puli, Sitou & Shanlinhsi and Sun Moon Lake.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.