Taiwan - Understand Taiwan and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, People of Taiwan, Religion & Temples in Taiwan, Taiwan-ese Arts, The Landscape of Taiwan, Wildlife Guide, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and religion to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the people, culture and religion of the region
- info on opera, music, puppetry and all the best Taiwanese arts
- full coverage of the island’s history, from colonisation to contemporary tensions
- details on the landscape and wildlife of the Beautiful Isle
Coverage includes: History, People of Taiwan, Religion & Temples in Taiwan, Taiwanese Arts, The Landscape of Taiwan, Wildlife Guide, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.