Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Taiwan - Taroko National Park & the East Coast (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Taroko National Park & the East Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
Much is made of the old Portuguese name for Taiwan, Ilha Formosa, which translates as ‘the Beautiful Isle’. Well, it’s this part of the country that they gave it to, and this part to which it still applies best.
- don your shorts, goggles and gold amulet and brave the firecrackers and bottle rockets at the feisty local festival, Bombing Master Handan, in Taitung
- follow ancient hunting trails and be awed by marble canyon walls at Taroko Gorge
- enjoy a taste of cafe-hopping and food-crawling in Hualien
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hualien, Niushan Huting, Shihtiping, Taroko National Park, East Rift Valley, Hualien Sugar Factory, Fuyuan Forest Recreational Area, Matai’an, Liyu Lake, Rueisui, Yuli, Walami Trail, Loshan Scenic Area, Taitung County, Dulan, Luye, Taitung, Guanshan, Chihpen, Wulu and Siangyang Forest Recreation Area.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.