Taiwan - Taiwan's Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taiwan’s Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
Taiwan’s outlying islands have yet to give in to mass tourism. There’s plenty to discover off the grid, from unspoiled golden-sand beaches to secluded mountain trails and coves where you’ll see more wildlife than other travellers.
- be swept away by the stark beauty of the islets of its latest national park, Taiwan’s Ninth National Park
- meet the blue algae lights that inspired a scene in Ang Lee’s Life of Pi on Matsu
- feast on all manner of marine exotica, and have a taste of the old seafaring way of life on Lanyu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kinmen, Kincheng & Around, Little Kinmen, Matsu, Beigan, Nangan, Penghu Islands, Makung, Around Penghu Islands, Outer Islands, Lanyu and Green Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.