Taiwan - Taiwan Strait Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taiwan Strait Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guide-book.
The very existence of Taiwan’s outlying islands comes as a surprise to many foreign visitors, although the three main archipelagos are rapidly growing as domestic tourist destinations. Attrac-tions include traditional villages, beaches, birdwatching, marine life.
- pose for desert island photos on Jibei Sand Tail, an often-empty stretch of paradisaical beach
- potter about the stairway-alleys of Qinbi Village, Taiwan’s best preserved historical vil-lage
- take a night-time boat ride through Beihai Tunnel to observe the twinkling algae
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kinmen, Kincheng, Little Kinmen, Shuitou Village, Matsu, Beigan, Nangan, Penghu Islands, Magong, Outer Penghu Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.