Taiwan - Taipei (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taipei chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
This unhurried but vibrant capital has taken a while to become comfortable in its own skin. As with its multifarious street food, the traveller is advised to try as much as possible when it comes to exploring.
- enjoy an art legacy spanning millennia at the National Palace Museum
- cycle around the city and the river
- explore the Japanese-era architecture of Dihua St
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Taipei’s Suburbs.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation