Taiwan - Taipei (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taipei chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
This unhurried but vibrant capital has taken centuries to become comfortable in its own skin. With Chinese, Japanese and Western influences in its food, culture, folk arts and architecture, Taipei has finally decided that it’s all the better for it.
- enjoy an art legacy spanning millennia at the National Palace Museum
- feel the spirituality at Xiahai City God Temple and pray to the matchmaker god
- see the unique architecture of Taipei’s Japanese heritage on Dihua St
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.