Taiwan - Southern Taiwan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Taiwan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
Southern Taiwan is a land of timeless rituals and vibrant folk culture. The yearly calendar is chock-full of some of Taiwan’s most unforgettable festivals. To many, Tainan – the island’s for-mer capital – is Taiwan’s most Taiwanese city.
- experience ancient temples and relics of a maritime era by day in Tainan, then sleep in a charming old house by night
- enjoy art, jazz and craft beer by Kaohsiung’s harbour; visit vibrant markets and feast on seafood
- swim, surf and cycle year-round in Kenting National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southwest Coast, Kaohsiung, Meinong, Tainan, Houbi, Pingtung County, Donggang, Kenting National Park, Little Liuchiu Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.