Taiwan - Northern Taiwan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Taiwan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
For many travellers, the north gives them their first taste of how big this little island is. Its mountains – and their valleys and meadows – seem near endless, and that around every corner is a rustic hot-spring village, forest reserve or indigenous hamlet.
- ride the rails between heritage stations on a beautiful branch line railway in Pingxi District
- have your spirits lifted by Sandiaoling Waterfall Trail, a trio of gorgeous cascades
- catch summer surf vibes and seafood on a sleepy stretch of coast in Toucheng
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Taipei City, Yingge & Sansia, Wulai, Cihu, Baling, Northeast Coast, Jiufen & Jinguashi, Pingxi District, Fulong, Toucheng, Nanao, Hsinchu & Miaoli Counties, Hsinchu, Beipu, Nanzhuang, Shitoushan, Sheipa National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation