Taiwan - Northern Taiwan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Taiwan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Taiwan guidebook.
For many travellers, heading into the north gives them their first taste of how big this little island is. Not just mountains reaching up to 3886m, but around every corner is a new hot-spring village, forest reserve or indigenous hamlet.
- take part in the vibrant ceremonies and parades of Keelung Ghost Festival
- tap the richness of the mining heritage of Jiufen and Jinguashi
- have your spirits lifted by the waterfall’s cascading curtains on Sandiaoling Waterfall Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Taipei City, Pinglin, Yingge, Sansia, Wulai, Cihu, Fusing, Baling, Taiwan’s Northeast Coast, Fuguei Cape, 18 Lords Temple, New 18 Lords Temple, Yeliu Geopark, Keelung, Jiufen & Jinguashi, Pingxi District, Houtong, Bitou Cape, Fulong Beach, Wai’ao, Daxi, Caoling Historic Trail, Jiaoxi, Nanao, Mingchih Forest Recreation Area, Taipingshan National Forest Recreation Area, Hsinchu & Miaoli Counties, Hsinchu, Beipu, Nanzhuang, Shitoushan, Qingquan, Smangus, Sanyi, Shei-pa National Park, Wuling Forest Recreation Area and Tai’an Hot Springs.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.