Tahiti & French Polynesia - The Tuamotus (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tuamotus chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tahiti & French Polynesia guidebook.
The Tuamotus is the dream South Seas snapshot. The 77 atolls – narrow coral rings encircling turquoise lagoons that make up this stunning archipelago – are flung over an immense stretch of indigo-blue ocean.
- explore the legendary Tiputa Pass and see surreal coral formations at Île aux Récifs on Rangiroa
- go nose-to-nose with hundreds of sharks in Tumakohua Pass and find your own slice of heaven on the unspoilt sands of Les Sables Roses on Fakarava
- walk along the pink and white sand beaches on Tikehau
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rangiroa, Tikehau, Tuherahera Villagea, Private Motu, Mataiva, Rotoava, Tetamanu, Fakarava and Ahe.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation