Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Tahiti & French Polynesia - The Marquesas (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Marquesas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tahiti & French Polynesia guidebook.
Grand, brooding and powerful, the sharp silhouettes of the Marquesas Islands jut up from the cobalt-blue ocean. Here you will find waterfalls taller than skyscrapers, vertical canyons, towering cliffs, basalt pinnacles, emerald forests, and white or black sand bays.
- wander amid the mossy, ancient tiki (sacred statues) at Puamau
- gaze down impenetrable waterfall-streaked valleys while hiking across the Nuku Hiva heartland
- clip-clop across the fecund interior to marvellous vistas in Hiva Oa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nuku Hiva, Taiohae, Hakaui Valley, Toovii Plateau, Taipivai, Hatiheu, ‘Ua Huka, ‘Ua Pou, Hakahau, Hakahetau, Hakamaii, Hohoi, Hiva Oa, Atuona, Taaoa, Puamau, Hanapaaoa, Hanaiapa, Tahuata and Fatu Hiva.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.