Tahiti & French Polynesia - Mo'orea (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mo’orea chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tahiti & French Polynesia guidebook.
Mo’orea’s holiday-brochure turquoise lagoons, white-sand beaches, vertical peaks and lush landscapes make it a real gem of an island. Hovering less than 20km from its big sister, Tahiti, Mo’orea absorbs its many visitors so gracefully that its feels surprisingly nontouristy.
- get lost in Opunohu Valley, with its ancient marae (traditional temples), breathtaking vistas and hidden walking paths
- paddle to Motu Tiahura from Hauru Point for lunch at Coco Beach
- take an unforgettable hike to Mt Mouaputa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cook’s Bay, Hauru Point, Haapiti, Vaiare, Temae, Maharepa and Motu Tiahura.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Tahiti & French Polynesia - Understand Tahiti & French Polynesia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)