Sydney - Sydney Harbour (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sydney Harbour chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
The harbour is an integral Sydney experience. Much of the coast is part of Sydney Harbour National Park - for a wilderness walk in the heart of the city, pick a slice to explore and jump on a ferry.
- catch a ferry to Watsons Bay and spend an afternoon exploring South Head before claiming a spot at the pub as the sun sinks over the city
- gain a glimpse into the bustle of the Parramatta River from a ferry’s prow
- sneak down to secluded Shark Beach for a picnic and a swim
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.