Sydney - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Sydney, Sydney’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like..., Month by Month, With Kids, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, LGBTQ+ Sydney, and Beaches chap-ters from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
Your journey to Sydney starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on beaches to suit every taste.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about shopping in Australia’s glamour capital
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Sydney, Sydney’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like: National Parks, Art, Free Stuff, Historic Buildings, Mu-seums, Parks & Gardens, Views, Zoos & Aquariums, Industrial Remnants, Religious Buildings, Month by Month, With Kids, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, LGBTQ+ Sydney, and Beaches.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout