Sydney - Paddington & Centennial Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Paddington & Centennial Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
‘Paddo’ is an elegant, expensive area of beautifully restored terrace houses and steep leafy streets where fashionable folks drift between designer shops, chic restaurants, art galleries and bookshops. The best time to visit is on Saturday, when the markets are at their most efferves-cent.
- start a weekend shopping trip at Paddington Markets before delving into the fashionable boutiques in this suburb
- explore the vast open space within the gated grounds of Centennial Park on two feet, two wheels or horseback
- watch summer cricket at lovely Sydney Cricket Ground, barrack for the Swans in the AFL, or scream yourself hoarse at a Roosters rugby league game at the adjacent Sydney Foot-ball Stadium
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout