Sydney - Manly (PDF Chapter)
This is the Manly chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
Laid-back Manly clings to a narrow isthmus between ocean and harbour beaches abutting North Head, Sydney Harbour’s northern gatepost. With its shaggy surfers and relaxed locals, it makes for a refreshing change from the stuffier harbour suburbs nearby.
- splash about on the long, lovely strand of Manly Beach, Sydney’s second most famous stretch of golden sand, and fully embrace the local lifestyle by learning to surf
- hop between headlands and beaches along beautiful Manly Scenic Walkway along the harbour shoreline
- explore the wild, rugged surrounds of North Head and gasp at the glorious views of the mouth of the harbour
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout