Sydney - Kings Cross & Potts Point (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kings Cross & Potts Point chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guide-book.
Kings Cross is a bizarre dichotomy: strip joints and classy restaurants, hostels and gorgeous guesthouses, and a weird cross-section of society drawn to the bright lights. Gracious Potts Point seems worlds away. Well-preserved Victorian, Edwardian and art-deco houses flank picturesque avenues.
- soak up the sights, sounds and smells of Darlinghurst Road, Sydney’s seediest strip
- duck into Llankelly Place for a coffee, a cocktail and a view of the passing parade
- admire the Georgian grace of Elizabeth Bay House, a reminder of grander days gone by
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.