Sydney - Kings Cross & Potts Point (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kings Cross & Potts Point chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
Start around the Cross itself; explore Darlinghurst Road – where tacky tourist shops and backpacker hostels outnumber the dwindling strip-club scene – and the bohemian backstreets on either side. The villagey, inclusive vibe vanishes as you descend to exclusive Elizabeth Bay, where the historic house of the same name is well worth investigation.
- soak up the sights, sounds and smells of much-changed but still edgy Darlinghurst Rd, then popping in to Kings Cross Hotel for a balcony drink
- duck in to Room 10 on Llankelly Place for a coffee and a view of the passing parade of Kings Cross characters
- admire the Georgian grace of Elizabeth Bay House, a reminder of grand days gone by
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.