Sydney - Day Trips from Sydney (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Sydney chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Sydney and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and Northern Beaches.
- right on Sydney’s northern fringes, spectacular Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park exempli-fies this part of the state’s natural beauty
- wilder and more distant than Sydney’s eastern strands, the Northern Beaches are a must-see, especially for surfers. Although you’ll most likely approach them as a day trip, they’re very much part of the city.
- with stunning natural beauty, the Blue Mountains have huge eucalypts that form a dense canopy across the landscape of deep, often inaccessible, valleys and chiselled sand-stone outcrops
Coverage includes: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Northern Beaches, Blue Mountains, Parramatta, Royal National Park.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.