Sydney - City Centre & Haymarket (PDF Chapter)
This is the City Centre & Haymarket chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guide-book.
Sydney’s towering central business district (CBD) encapsulates the city’s cavalier spirit, with skyscrapers unashamedly overshadowing historic sandstone buildings and churches. Make sure to dedicate a little time to strolling Hyde Park and the array of historic buildings along Macquarie St.
- be transported into Victorian parlours, Buddhist temples, postwar streets, the heart of the outback and the imaginations of generations of artists at the Art Gallery of NSW
- shop and eat your way through the vibrant streets of Chinatown, and take in the restau-rants of nearby Koreatown and Thaitown, too
- promenade through the city centre’s green corridor, Hyde Park – a well-loved public space with statues, a fountain and a war memorial
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.