Sydney - Circular Quay & the Rocks (PDF Chapter)
This is the Circular Quay & the Rocks chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
At some stage you’ll end up at Circular Quay and the Rocks; you haven’t really been to Syd-ney if you don’t. Set aside a day to see the sights and a night to down a beverage in a historic pub or catch a show.
- come face to face with the number-one visual symbol of the city, the Sydney Opera House – on a sunny day, it’s postcard-perfect, its curves and points a pinnacle of architectural expression
- stroll the idyllic grounds of the Royal Botanic Garden, with the harbour sparkling below
- discover inspiring artistic installations at the landmark Museum of Contemporary Art
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.