Sydney - Bondi, Coogee & the Eastern Beaches (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bondi, Coogee & the Eastern Beaches chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guidebook.
Improbably good-looking arcs of sand framed by jagged cliffs, the eastern beaches are a big part of the Sydney experience. Most famous of all is the broad sweep of Bondi Beach, with its distracting scenery and constant procession of beautiful bods .
- while away the day on the golden sands of Bondi Beach, periodically cooling off in the surf and cruising the promenade
- revel in the spectacular coastal scenery of the enjoyable Bondi to Coogee walk, which takes in five classic beaches
- take a dip in the iconic Bondi Icebergs Pool at the beach’s southern end, braving the odd breaker on a rough day
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout