Sydney - Around the Harbour (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around the Harbour chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sydney guide-book.
Sure, it’s a stretch to call this large, disparate area a ‘neighbourhood’, but the harbour is such an integral part of the Sydney experience that we felt it was worth highlighting in this way.
- catch a ferry to Watsons Bay and spend an afternoon exploring South Head and lying around Camp Cove before claiming a spot at the pub as the sun sinks over the city
- paddle around secluded corners of the harbourside national park on a tour with Sydney Harbour Kayaks
- sneak down to the secluded Shark Beach and Nielsen Park, for a picnic and a swim
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.