*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Switzerland - Zurich (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zürich chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Culturally vibrant, efficiently run and attractively set at the meeting of river and lake, Zürich is regularly recognised as one of the world’s most liveable cities. Switzerland’s largest and wealthiest metropolis has also emerged in the 21st century as one of central Europe’s hippest destinations, with an artsy, post-industrial edge that’s epitomised in its exuberant summer Street Parade.
- bask in the splendid glow of Marc Chagall’s stained-glass windows in the Fraumünster
- lose yourself in a long night out along Langstrasse
- climb Uetliberg for stellar views of the city and surrounding countryside
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Rapperswil, Winterthur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.