Switzerland - Zurich (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zürich chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
The lakeside city of Zürich is this canton’s centre of attention, with a clutch of excellent mu-seums and restaurants in the walkable Altstadt (Old Town), not to mention happening bars, gal-leries and boutiques with urban edge in the revitalised Zürich-West neighbourhood.
- bask in the glow of Marc Chagall’s stained-glass windows in the Fraumünster
- admire the extensive art collections in the Kunsthaus, Zürich’s impressive fine-arts gal-lery
- join the throngs for the August Street Parade
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Zürich, History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Zürich.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.