Switzerland - Valais (PDF Chapter)
This is the Valais chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Natural beauty Valais has a tale of rags to riches, of changing seasons and celebrities, of an outdoors so fantastic it’s always fashionable. Landscapes here leave you dumbstruck: from the unfathomable Matterhorn, to the Rhône Valley’s vineyard tapestry; and the shimmering Aletsch Glacier.
- stare across the valley from Gornergrat with fascination at the incomparable Matterhorn
- feast your eyes on the 23km-long Aletsch Glacier from Eggishorn
- ride the underground Mittelallin funicular to Saas Fee, an icy 3500m
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lower Valais, Martigny & Around, Champéry, Col du Grand St Bernard, Verbier, Sion, Sierre, Crans-Montana, Upper Valais, Leukerbad, Zermatt, Saas Fee, Brig, Aletsch Glacier, Furka Pass.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.