*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Ticino (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ticino chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
The summer air is rich and hot. Vespas scoot along palm-fringed promenades. A baroque campanile chimes. Kids play in piazzas flanked by pastel-coloured mansions. Italian weather. Italian style. And that’s not to mention the Italian gelato, Italian pasta, Italian architecture and Italian language.
- hike and cycle to wispy waterfalls , granite villages and authentic grotto in Valle Maggia
- soak up the Mediterranean flair of Locarno, in the postcard-pretty Old Town
- marvel at the trio of Medieval castles in Bellinzona
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bellinzona, Lugano, Lago di Lugano, Gandria, Campione d’Italia, Monte Generoso, Ceresio Peninsula, Mendrisio & around, Meride, Lago Maggiore, Locarno, Ascona, Western Valleys, Centovalli, Valle Maggia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.