*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Northwestern Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwestern Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Tucked in a corner against the French and German borders, northwestern Switzerland, com-prising the cantons of Basel and Aargau, boasts an enticing mix of cultural attractions. Basel has a wealth of avant-garde architecture that juxtaposes with its enchanting Old Town.
- shop for design-smart souvenirs at the Vitra Design Museum and ogle the architecture in Weil am Rhein
- marvel at the stunning collection of the newly renovated Kunstmuseum Basel
- appreciate the philanthropy of generous benefactors in Fondation Beyeler, a shrine to classic art in Riehen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Basel, Baden, Aarau.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.