*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Switzerland - Northeastern Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Northeastern Switzerland is the place to tiptoe off the map and back to nature for a few days. Country lanes unravel like spools of thread, weaving through Appenzell’s patchwork meadows, past the fjord-like waters of Walensee and south to remote hamlets engulfed by the glacier-licked peaks of the Glarus Alps.
- pedal, walk or canoe over to Germany and Austria on Lake Constance
- feel the spray of the Rheinfall, Europe’s largest plain waterfall
- admire the ornate oriel bay windows in Schaffhausen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Schaffhausen Canton, Schaffhausen, Rheinfall, Stein am Rhein, Lake Constance, Kreuzlingen, Romanshorn & Arbon, Rorschach, St Gallen & Appenzell Cantons, St Gallen, Appenzell & around, Säntis, Walensee, Klöntal, Glarus Canton, Glarus, Braunwald.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.