*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Northeastern Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Northeastern Switzerland is the place to tiptoe off the map and back to nature for a few days. Country lanes unravel like spools of thread, weaving through Appenzell’s patchwork meadows, past the fjord-like waters of Walensee and south to remote hamlets engulfed by the glacier-licked peaks of the Glarus Alps.
- pedal, walk or canoe over to Germany and Austria on Lake Constance
- feel the spray of the Rheinfall, Europe’s largest plain waterfall
- admire the ornate oriel bay windows in Schaffhausen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Schaffhausen Canton, Schaffhausen, Rheinfall, Stein am Rhein, Lake Constance, Kreuzlingen, Romanshorn & Arbon, Rorschach, St Gallen & Appenzell Cantons, St Gallen, Appenzell & around, Säntis, Walensee, Klöntal, Glarus Canton, Glarus, Braunwald.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.