*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Switzerland - Mittelland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mittelland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Easily one of the most charming capitals on the planet, Bern’s 15th-century Old Town is fairy-tale-like with its terraced stone buildings, covered arcades, clock towers and cobbled streets. The surrounding countryside is as benignly beautiful, with traditional villages and farms speckling the rolling green hills, some of which produce Emmental – the cheese that could not be more Swiss if it tried.
- fountain- and bar-hop through the fairy-tale, heritage-listed Old Town of Bern
- grin and ‘bear’ it at the much-improved Bärenpark in Bern
- immerse yourself in Einstein’s world at the Historisches Museum Bern
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bern, Biel-Bienne & around, Emmental Region, Solothurn.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.