*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Mittelland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mittelland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
At the heart of this central region lies Bern, the laid-back city that few realise is Switzerland’s capital. With its fairy-tale 15th-century, World Heritage–listed Old Town of terraced stone build-ings, covered arcades, clock towers and cobbled streets, it has a remarkably easygoing vibe.
- wander the cobblestone streets of Berner Altstadt, Bern’s beautifully preserved Old Town
- reminisce in Bern about a time not so long ago when smartphones didn’t rule the world at the Museum für Kommunikation
- contemplate the mind of Einstein in the educational Historisches Museum Bern
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bern, Emmental, Solothurn.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.