*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Switzerland - Lake Geneva & Vaud (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Geneva & Vaud chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Lined by the elegant student city of Lausanne and a phalanx of pretty smaller towns, the Swiss side of the lake presents the marvellous emerald spectacle of tightly ranked vineyards spreading in terraces up the steep hillsides of the Lavaux area. Down by the water’s edge, the lakeside is graced with fairy-tale châteaux, luxurious manor houses and modest beaches.
- discover 2000 years of wine-making in Aigle
- be hauled up the mountain in a cogwheel train by Rochers de Naye
- explore Lausanne’s blessed lakeside location and medieval centre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lausanne & around, La Côte, Lavaux Wine Region, Swiss Riviera, Vevey & around, Montreux, Northwestern Vaud, Yverdon-Les-Bains, The Vaud Alps, Leysin, Les Diablerets, Villars & Gryon, Pays d’Enhaut.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.