Switzerland - Lake Geneva & Vaud (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Geneva & Vaud chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Western Europe’s largest lake, Lake Geneva is anchored by the city that claims it, wrapping around her southern shore. Views across the lake onto the Alps are nothing short of spellbind-ing.
- meander the Flower Path from magnificent château de Chillon to Montreux
- celebrate the sporting event that unites the planet at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne
- ride a cogwheel railway to an elevation of 2042m to meet the marmots and swoon at the views from the Rochers de Naye
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lausanne, Around Lausanne, Morges, Nyon, The Lavaux, Montreux, The Vaud Alps.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.